Parsnip and Rosemary Risotto
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 1/2 pounds parsnips (about 7 medium), peeled, trimmed, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 5 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary, divided
- 1 1/2 cups (10 ounces) arborio rice
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Aged balsamic vinegar (for drizzling)
Bring broth to boil in medium saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and keep warm.
Melt 4 tablespoons butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent, stirring often,
about 10 minutes. Stir in parsnips and 3 teaspoons chopped rosemary. Cook until parsnips begin to brown, stirring occasionally,
about 8 minutes. Add rice and stir 2 minutes. Add enough warm broth to cover; simmer until almost all broth is absorbed, stirring
occasionally, about 6 minutes. Add more broth, 1 cup at a time, and cook until rice and parsnips are tender, allowing each
broth addition to be absorbed before adding next and stirring frequently, about 20 minutes total. Remove from heat; stir in
remaining 1 tablespoon butter, remaining 2 teaspoons rosemary, and cheese. Season risotto to taste with salt and pepper.
Divide risotto among 6 shallow bowls. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and serve.