Roasted Winter Squash and Parsnips with Maple Syrup Glaze and Almonds
- 2 cups 1/2-inch cubes peeled kabocha squash (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 cups 1/2-inch cubes peeled butternut squash (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 cups 1/4- to 1/3-inch cubes peeled parsnips (about 12 ounces)
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped almonds (about 3 1/2 ounces)
Butter 11x7x2-inch glass baking dish. Combine kabocha and butternut squash and parsnips in large bowl. Melt butter in small
saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in next 5 ingredients. Add to squash mixture and toss to coat. Transfer mixture to prepared
baking dish. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Bring to room temperature before continuing.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Cover squash mixture with foil. Bake covered 40 minutes. Uncover; bake until all vegetables are
tender, about 20 minutes longer. Sprinkle with almonds and bake 10 minutes.