Arugula Salad with Pears, Oven-Dried Grapes, and Roasted-Shallot Vinaigrette
- 1 1/2 pounds seedless red grapes, stemmed
- 4 teaspoons plus 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 shallots (about 4 ounces), peeled
- 1/4 cup Sherry wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 12 ounces arugula (about 16 cups), tough stems removed
- 3 ripe pears, quartered, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 250°F. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment. Arrange grapes in single layer on baking sheet. Drizzle
with 3 teaspoons olive oil; toss to coat. Place shallots on sheet of heavy-duty foil; drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil. Enclose
in foil; place in small baking dish. Bake until shallots are very soft, about 1 1/2 hours, and grapes are shriveled and lightly
caramelized, about 2 1/2 hours. Cool. Do ahead: Can be made 2 days ahead. Cover separately; chill. Bring to room temperature
Combine shallots and accumulated juices, vinegar, and honey in blender and puree. Season with salt and pepper.
With blender running, gradually blend in remaining 3/4 cup oil. Do ahead: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill. Bring
to room temperature before serving.
Toss arugula in large bowl with enough dressing to coat. Divide among plates. Top with pears and grapes. Sprinkle with
cracked pepper and serve.